Ice forming from an interior frozen pipe break in Buffalo, NY
During the cold Buffalo winter months, pipes can become frozen and burst. It’s very important that you respond to a broken pipe immediately as it causes water damage, and possibly electrical damage, to your home. SERVPRO of Buffalo-Tonawanda can help assist you with your water damage and make it “Like it never even happened.” We will also work with your insurance company throughout the process.
- Allowing your faucets to drip can keep the water flow in motion, which can help to prevent freezing.
- If any pipes are located on the perimeter of your home, be sure to check the areas around your windows and doors for cold air intrusion.
- Having a higher quality or thicker insulation can assist in keeping areas of your home warmer where pipes may be located.
WHAT TO DO IF A PIPE BURSTS
- Shut off your water immediately.
- If the pipe and water are near electric lines or outlets, shut off the electricity in that area.
- If there are any important possessions in the affected area, remove them if it is safe for you to do so.