A pipe break causes extensive water and mold damage in Kenmore, NY
As this customer was enjoying Florida in the winter, their home was not doing so well. The cold Buffalo temperatures caused a pipe to break above the kitchen ceiling. As the temperatures got warmer it created the perfect environment for mold to grow. The neighbor discovered the water damage as ice formed on the exterior of the home. SERVPRO of Buffalo-Tonawanda performed water damage services and mold mitigation. The home was cleaned, dried and certified for re-construction.
Any home or business can quickly become infested with mold with the introduction of a water source, like a roof or plumbing leak. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48-72 hours, and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can inspect and assess your property. If mold is found, they have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.