Recent Community Posts

Always Be Careful When It Is Time to Cook on the Grill | SERVPRO® of Buffalo/Tonawanda

7/24/2020 (Permalink)

a person in grilling chicken and hot dogs on an outdoor grill SERVPRO of Buffalo Tonawanda are the fire restoration experts. To learn more give us a call or contact us online.

Taking advantage of the nice weather and extra light of summer is fantastic, especially when a grilled dinner is involved. While you may love to break out the grill, it is important to remember that no matter how many times you do it, fire safety is still a vital habit to get into.

It is estimated by the U.S. Fire Administration that every year sees nearly 6,000 fires due to grilling accidents, which can add up to millions in household damages. By prioritizing safety every time you grill, you can be certain that you are not part of this scary statistic.

Prioritize Safety Every Time You Grill

Create a safe zone around your grill. It might be tempting to situate your grill in a spot that is convenient to your back door, but you should always remember the three-foot rule when placing it in your yard. A flare-up can be quite large, igniting any flammable materials that happen to be nearby.

Clean your grill grates often. After using your grill each time, taking a few minutes to brush down the grates can make a big difference. The bits of food that get left behind can build up and become a fire hazard, especially if you are cooking meats with a lot of grease on them. These flare-ups can happen suddenly and be quite dangerous, so a prevention strategy is the best approach.

Never leave the grill unattended. You may have seen people run back into the kitchen to grab something or take a break from manning the grill to play with the kids, but officials advise to never, ever do this. Grills can start fires even if their lids are closed, and it is best to act like that is always a possibility and keep a fire extinguisher within reach.

Inspect the grill regularly. An inspection on a charcoal grill is more straightforward, but for a gas grill, you have propane hookups to consider. The connectors and hoses of a propane tank can become worn with time, leading to leaking gas that can cause a serious fire hazard if you do not notice it in time.

If you have a grill fire do damage to your home, we are here to help. You can call us any time, day or night, to have a quick response from our restoration experts.

Memorial Day

5/25/2018 (Permalink)


With Memorial Day coming up, we know many of your are going to be grilling or sitting by a fire. It is very important to use all safety precautions to prevent your home catching on fire. SERVPRO of Collinsville/Troy has trained crews to clean and restore fire damaged homes and contents. Our crew will work around the clock to restore your home and belongings back to original condition. We are available 24/7 for calls and services. SERVPRO understands how important and stressful it is to go through any sort of disaster. We assure you our crew will work hard to make it look "Like it never even happened."

SERVPRO of Buffalo Tonawabda, Amherst/Clarence and East Erie County wants to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend.