Summer Thunderstorm Preparedness
Summer is approaching fast here in Western New York and although summer brings nice weather, it also brings thunderstorms along with it. Here are some tips to be prepared for thunderstorms!
- Make sure you are aware your local community’s warning system for severe thunderstorms.
- Pick a safe place for you and your family to meet in case of a severe thunderstorm
- Remove dead and damaged branches from trees and shrubs around your home to prevent them from breaking during a storm
- Postpone any outdoor activities if a thunderstorm is likely to occur
- If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be in danger of lightning. If thunder roars, go indoors!
- Avoid electrical equipment and telephones during the storm
- Be sure to shutter windows and close your doors securely, and stay away from windows!
If your home is damaged by stormy conditions, SERVPRO can help you repair the damage and clean your home!